Saturday 19 May 2012

World IBD Day 19 May 2012

Today is World IBD Day, to all touched in some way by any of the illnesses incorporated in Inflammatory Bowel Disease, an important day to highlight them.
It is a lifetime since I was diagnosed, I am not stupid enough to say progress has not been made in many aspects of these conditions. Of course it has. Drugs, treatments, aftercare and knowledge has advanced.
The elusive breakthrough of cure still remains. As long as this is needed for all of the illnesses, awareness must be the aim.
IBD is often a 'poor relation' and it needs all it can to highlight the devastating effects on bodies, minds and spirits of so many people, their families and friends.
If people read this blog and are not aware of some of the effects IBD has , many young people as sufferers, i would ask them to take time to investigate, google or simply ask via the many groups on Social Media and the web.
These conditions are chronic, painful and everlasting.
Families suffer with their loved ones, despairing of the illness, treament and surgery when needed.
I hope in my lifetime to see an eventual cure and ability to stop IBD in its tracks!
I live in hope not merely for myself, but for all sufferers, current and in the future.
I know what the condition can do to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment